Summer rolls are my favorite go-to when I’m cutting out carbs and it’s a delicious way to get your veggies in. I was introduced to them in college when I used to order them at this organic cafe near campus and I’ve loved them ever since. It opened me up to Vietnamese food which has now became a weekly staple. Greens + rice noodles + veggies in a giant bowl? Yes please.
These are so fresh & easy to make, you can probably find most of the ingredients in your fridge.
I loaded mine up with sliced carrots, rice noodles, micro greens, avocado, red cabbage, cucumber, and shrimp.
The peanut dipping sauce is so delicious and compliments the summer roll perfectly. You can buy it jarred at your local market or make it yourself from scratch.
SHRIMP + AVOCADO SUMMER ROLLS
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hosein sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 round rice paper wrappers
- 2 ounces rice noodles
- Handful of cooked shrimp
- 1 avocado, halved pitted + sliced
- Veggies of your choice – I used
- Sliced carrots
- Sliced cucumber
- Red cabbage
- Micro greens
HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Whisk ingredients for peanut sauce in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Fill up a 9″ round pan with warm water a little less than halfway and place one rice paper wrapper in the water.
- Soak for about 30 seconds until soft – but not mushy
- Boil water and place rice noodles with covered lid for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain noodles / pat dry rice paper wrappers and place on a hard, workable surface.
- Add the content of your summer roll in the middle of your rice paper wrap and fold the bottom over completely covering the veggies.
- Roll the rice paper very tight like a burrito and repeat for the other rolls.