The holidays are here! I love untraditional decor and these wreaths are perfectly simple and easy to make. I personally think DIY pieces always look better than store bought, not to mention it’ll save you a couple bucks.
What You’ll Need:
- Metal floral ring (Michaels)
- Fresh greens (you can get a bundle for cheap at your local farm, or trim some branches off of your christmas tree)
- String or ribbon to hang
- Hot glue gun
- OPTIONAL : yarn (I used 3 neutral colors with different textures)
I made a neutral wreath for my door because I wanted something decorative but not claustrophobic. This one took under 5 minutes to make and it’s perfect to hang anywhere in your home. For this DIY I simply took a branch of evergreen and used my hot glue gun to secure to the metal ring. I used twine to hang the wreath on my door.
I made this wreath to hang above my bed which fits more into the boho aesthetics of my bedroom. This one is my favorite because it’s festive, fun + chic. I just hope it lasts until Christmas because Leo has been stalking the string since I’ve hung it on my wall .
I picked up 3 bundles of yarn, sticking to a neutral palette but adding different textures.
- Cut a long piece of yarn and fold in half . Use this as a measuring stick to determine the length of your string.
- Duplicate this until you have enough yarn for your ring.
- Loop the ends through the top and pull tight. Now do this a million more times!
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Holidays!