Lemony, buttery, simple. Small twist on a favorite, and they were definitely a hit!
- Tsp of lemon zest
- 1 lemon for squeezing
- 1 Teaspoon minced thyme
- 2 Cups flour ( I used garbanzo flour)
- 3/4 cups Confectioners sugar
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cookie cutter
- Whisk lemon zest, flour, thyme, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and confectioners sugar until blended and smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Carefully add the flour mixture and mix well until combined. Round the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a large baking pan or lay down parchment paper and set aside.
- Sprinkle some flour on your flat surface and roll out the dough until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shape of your choice using a lightly floured cookie cutter. Bake for about 10 minutes or until slightly brown. Remove cookies from oven and set on cooling rack.
- While cooling, whip up your icing by using about 1-2 cup of confectioners sugar + fresh lemon juice. I eyed it out, but mix until desired consistency.
- Once completely cool, take a spoon and drizzle icing over cookies as thick or thin as you’d like.
- Garnish with thyme for presentation + enjoy!
Yields: 20 cookies